Friday, June 15, 2012

Two weeks and pr*yer

We are down to two weeks. Exactly 14 days from today I will be getting on a plane to fly to Seattle, Minneapolis, and then home to Memphis. 14 days. I seriously cannot believe that is all I have left here. Yes, it is bittersweet. I am missing my family, friends, and boyfriend terribly but I can't imagine leaving these kids and the friends that I have made here. I can't imagine not seeing my kiddos and hugging and kissing on them all the time. The even worse part to all of this, is that I am sick. I came down with whatever this is yesterday. Fever, headache, aches all over, and a sore throat. I woke up this morning with my throat feeling about 8 sizes too big. I thought I got my tonsils out when I was younger to avoid this, but I have gotten strep throat a few times since then, which is what I am guessing this is. Please pr*y that I get better. I only have 14 days and I want to be with the kids every day. If I am sick I can't see them. I have already been in bed for a day and a half and I am hoping that after resting tomorrow too; I will be good to go on Sunday. I really want to be able to teach and see kids Monday! Please pr*y I get better. Please also pr*y for the kids here. Chicken pox is continuing to go around, which is just the worst. On top of that Sara thinks she has chicken pox and needs to be traveling with Blossom and her family for all the adoption stuff on Sunday. Also, Blossom has chicken pox and her family is getting here today to meet her. Pr*yer is needed for everyone right now. Quick recovers all around so that we can all do what we need to do. Especially, that Sara and Blossom get better so that they can travel. Satan always has a way of making things difficult, but g0d is in control and his will will be done. Like I mentioned in a previous post, they are running on an ever approaching deadline to Blossom's birthday on the 21st to be able to adopt her. They have to begin the paper work stuff here before then to be able to adopt her. So it is crucial that they be able to fly out on Sunday. Please be in pr*yer for them.

One of my favorite verses has always been 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18. It just has always been a good reminder to me of what I should be doing daily. Recently, while reading The purpose Driven Life, the HS revealed something entirely knew to me that I had never really seen in the verse before. The verse is "Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is g0d's will for you in Chr1st Jes*s." The verse is easy to understand. We are called to be joyful, to pray all the time, and to give thanks all the time. Easy. Or well, its easy to say that that is easy. Actually putting that into practice is way more difficult, but that's not my point. My point is the last part. This is g0d's will for you in Chr1st Jes*s. This is g0d's will for you. We are always wondering what g0d's will is for our lives. Does he want me to do this or this? What school? What career? Who should I marry? We are all searching for g0d's will in our lives and we are all terrified that we are not living in it. But the truth is, this is g0d's will for our lives. That we are joyful always because we have been given the most precious gift. Life, a s*vior, mercy, grace, forgiveness through Jes*s Chr1st. We should be joyful all the time. We should pray continually. The l0rd wants us to be in constant communication with him at all times. If we do this, he is going to take us to the next step. There is no need to worry about anything if you are talking with him all the time. He will reveal to you the next step when it is time for you to know it. He will take you to and through everything if you pray to him continually. And, we should gives thanks in all circumstances. Whether, we are in a good time in life or a bad time. Whether we are living out our calling or sick in a bed in a foreign country, we should give thanks in all circumstances because he is in control and he knows what he is doing. So this is the verse I live by. This is g0ds will for our lives. He will bring us to each next step and he will be there the entire time. This is his will. That we "Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is g0d's will for you in Chr1st Jes*s." 


Leaving you with a video of my boy Seth 
And my Kindergartners singing Jes*s loves me in English at the beginning and then in Chinese. 

3 comments:

  1. Oh baby,I'm sorry you are sick!! I'll text you in a sec. Janie was sitting down the counter from me and I started the video of the children singing Jesus Loves Me. She immediately started looking around to see where the Chinese music was coming from:) She and Madeline have watched the video 11 billionty times now:) I love you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! So sad you're sick! That's no fun. Praying for you sweet girl. I can't believe you'll be home in 14 days. Can't wait to see you. Love you! Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry you are sick too and my heart just sinks knowing Blossom is sick with her family coming. Praying for ALL of you!!! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete