Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The call to adoption

Thank you so much for all of the pr*yers. I started feeling better Saturday and was able to go to Beijing on Sunday for ch*rch and teach and everything on Monday. So thank you. Blossom was also able to get on the plane and leave with her family! Sara was unable to go with them but everything worked out! Here are a few pictures that I just had to post. We went to lunch at a restaurant called Home Plate. My home town got a shot out all the way from China and I had my first dr. pepper in six weeks.



It was twice as much, but worth it 





So, this past weekend I got to watch from over the balcony as Blossom got to meet her parents for the first time. I got to watch the first hellos and awkward hugs. It was a beautiful picture of this thing called adoption. Two parents who already have three kids of their own, coming to china to adopt a 14 year old girl who cannot communicate very well in English. The faith of those parents is unbelievable. It will not be easy by any means but the l0rd will bless them beyond anything they can imagine. I believe that we are all called to adopt. Every one of us. Adoption is often plan b for families. If I can't have my own children then I'll adopt. I think that this is incorrect. I think adoption should also be plan a. We have all been adopted. Everyone that is a Chr1stian has been adopted by Chr1st into g0ds family. We are now his children. If chr1st did this for us and if we are called to be like chr1st and we are called to do to the least of these as chr1st did to us. How are we not all called to adopt. Another book that I have read while I was here is Kisses from Katie. Everyone needs to read this book. She talks in it about how there are x number of poor people in the world and how many more chr1stians there are than that number. She talks about how g0d would not create too many people and not enough resources in his world. I feel the same way about orph*ns. I do not believe that g0d would create too many children and not enough families to adopt them. I don't believe it. As christians, I believe that we are called to adopt. There is a need for families to adopt here in china. There is a need for adoption in almost every foreign country and there is a need in the US. I do not think that we are all called to adopt overseas. I believe we are all called to adopt, period. There are orphans all over the world without moms to love them and fathers to guide them to the l0rd. This is not right. We are called to walk as he did. We are called to take care of the least of these. We are called to look after orphans. We are not called to the american dream. We are not called to comfortable living. We are not called to retirement plans. We are not called to these things. We are called to lose our lives for his sake. We are called to love others and g0d before ourselves. We are called to sacrifice our lives. We are called to walk as he did. We are called to do so much more than we are doing. Even if we don't do all that g0d has called us to do, he still loves us the same. But how can we not do it. When he has done so much for us. So yes, I believe that we are all called to adopt, not as a plan b but as plan a. Yes, expenses are high. Yes, it is hard. Yes, there are so many issues that come along with it. Yes, often these children are damaged in so many ways. But, g0d provides in every way. And g0d will bless you beyond what you can imagine.

www. chinaorphans.org

Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the the spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies. Romans 8:23

For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love he predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jes*s Chr1st, in accordance with his pleasure and will. Ephesians 1:4-5. 

Religion that g0d our father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orph*ns and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world. James 1:27

4 comments:

  1. Yep!Could not have said it better myself:)
    I love you and miss you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'll bring you a Dr Pepper to the airport:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First - SOOO glad you're feeling better!

    Second - i LOVE LOVE LOVE everything you said about adoption. your mom and hank were interviewed last week at church on wed night (as im sure you already knew) and they spoke so sweetly about adoption. i know you would have been so proud of them. and i know they are SO proud of you. can't wait to see you soon!! love you!!!

    Third, love how they give Memphis the credit for fried pickles! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julianne,
    Once you get home and have that Dr. P, please jump on a plane to MSP and help me raise my four girls!!!!!! You ARE amazing!!!!!

    Blessings,
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear sweet daughter:
    I still cannot reply to Julianne. Please let her know that I read her blogs every day and pray for her and the children every day. I am so very humbled by her wonderful faith! Tell her that I love her!1
    Love,
    Mom

    This is from Ma Kitty:) Go to your settings and change your comments to include anonymous as well. Text me if you can't figure it out!!! Love you sweet girl!!!

    ReplyDelete